|MAME 0.199 ||[witek], 2018-06-28 02:08:54|
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 06980: [Save/Restore] (spec128.cpp) specpls3: Unable to save state (regression). (AJR)
- 06983: [Sound] (mtouchxl.cpp) mtchxl6k (possibly others): All sounds play too fast. (Carl)
- 06984: [Graphics] (esd16.cpp) jumppop, jumppope: Missing graphics in first stage. (AJR)
- 06988: [Crash/Freeze] (kinst.cpp) kinst: Hangs during Attract Mode, noticeable when a fight loads. (Ivan Vangelista)
- 06989: [Sound] (champbas.cpp) champbb2j: AY-3-8910 sound is completely missing (Vas Crabb)
- 06992: [DIP/Input] (hornet.cpp) sscope and clones: Analog inputs do not function. (Ted Green)
- 07006: [Media Support] (at.cpp) atvga, at386, at486: [possible] Unable load Floppy Diskettes. (Carl)
- 07007: [Sound] (renegade.cpp) renegade, kuniokun: BGM stops playing after a while. (AJR)
- 07010: [DIP/Input] (missile.cpp) missile and clones: DIP switch trackball size large/mini labels reversed. (Tafoid)
- 07017: [Sound] (galaxian.cpp) kingball, kingballj: Kings voice is not played correctly. (Ivan Vangelista)
- 07020: [DIP/Input] (lwings.cpp) trojan and clones: DIP switches incorrectly numbered, and info on unused DIP switches. (Tafoid)
New working machines:
El Fin Del Tiempo [Esther Barranco, ARPA, Juegos 2.0, Recreativas.org, Roberto Fresca, The Dumping Union]
Geneve 9640 Mod [Michael Zapf]
Megatouch 7 Encore Edition (9255-90-01 R00, Standard version) [Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
Players Edge Plus (X000827S+XS000002) Red, White & Blue Slots [Brian Troha]
Players Edge Plus (X002149P+XP000038) Triple Bonus Poker [Brian Troha]
R-Zone: Battle Arena Toshinden [hap, Sean Riddle]
New working clones
Apple //e (Spain) [AJR]
Bubble Memories: The Story Of Bubble Bobble III (Ver 2.5A 1996/02/21) [Arnaldo Abrantes, Pascal Costa]
Come-Cocos (Ms. Pac-Man) (Cocamatic bootleg) [Darksoft]
Galaxy Wars II (Defender bootleg) [Juan Romero, Recreativas.org, The Dumping Union]
Ghost Pilots (prototype) [Brian Hargrove]
Golden Tee Golf (Joystick, v3.3) [hammy, The Dumping Union]
Gran Rally (Spanish bootleg of Pole Position II) [Jordi Beltran Casany, Recreativas.org, The Dumping Union]
Hat Trick Hero 95 (Ver 2.6Asia 1994/11/17) [Artemio Urbina, The Dumping Union]
Hidden Catch (World) / Tul Lin Gu Lim Chat Ki 98 (Korea) (pcb ver 3.02) [hammy, The Dumping Union]
Jump Coaster (World) [ShouTime, The Dumping Union]
Knights of Valour 2 Plus - Nine Dragons / Sanguo Zhan Ji 2 Qunxiong Zhengba / Sanguo Zhan Ji 2 Feilong Zai Tian /
Sangoku Senki Busyou Souha (ver. M200XX, 200, 100CN) [300wins, Bill D., The Dumping Union]
Metal Slug 3 (NGM-2560, earlier) [Razoola]
Players Edge Plus (PP0472) Deuces Wild Poker [Brian Troha]
Players Edge Plus (X000057P+XP000038) Deuces Wild Poker (Stratosphere Players Club) [Kemel Haidar, Brian Troha]
Raiden Fighters (US, newer) [Arzeno Fabrice, The Dumping Union]
Strikers 1945 (World, unprotected) [Blackfish, brizzo, rtw]
Titan (Pac-Man hack) [Craig Anstett, CraftyMech]
Viper Phase 1 (New Version, Germany) [Arzeno Fabrice, The Dumping Union]
Machines promoted to working:
War Mission (WM 4/6/87) [Jordi Beltran Casany, Recreativas.org, ArcadeHacker, David Haywood]
Clones promoted to working:
Head On (Sidam bootleg, set 2) [Angelo Salese]
Head On 2 (Sidam bootleg) [Angelo Salese]
New machines marked as NOT_WORKING
Hikaru Check ROM Board [coolmod]
Mad Dog II: The Lost Gold (3DO hardware) [incog, The Dumping Union]
Olympia Olytext 20 [Robbbert]
Shootout at Old Tucson (3DO hardware) [incog, The Dumping Union]
Visual 550 [Al Kossow]
New clones marked as NOT_WORKING
Air Hockey (6.12?, encrypted) [unknown]
ALG 3DO Bios [Mr Invader]
Donkey Kong Banana Kingdom (satellite) [Will Richardson, Bill D, The Dumping Union]
Ferrari F355 Challenge (twin/deluxe, prototype) [coolmod]
Power Stone 2 (bootleg) [Arzeno Fabrice, rtw]
Puyo Pop Fever (World) (GDS-0034) [Arzeno Fabrice, rtw]
Stakes Winner / Stakes Winner - GI Kinzen Seiha e no Michi (early development board) [ResO]
The Bally Game Show (LG-6) Germany [PinMAME]
The Bally Game Show (LU-3) Europe [PinMAME]
The Key Of Avalon - The Wizard Master (client) (Rev C) (GDT-0006C) [rtw, ShouTime]
The Key Of Avalon 2.5 - War of the Key (client) (Rev A) (GDT-0019A) [rtw, ShouTime]
The Key Of Avalon 2.5 - War of the Key (server) (Rev A) (GDT-0018A) [rtw, ShouTime]
New working software list additions:
300 series Mainframe Tests, 300 series Terminal Emulator, AMS Utilities for 200/300 series, BASIC 4.0 Compiler,
BASIC 5.0 Compiler, CS/80 Exerciser, Digital Filter Design, HP BASIC 4.0, HP BASIC 5.1, HP BASIC 6.4, HP Museum Basic 5 Boot Disc,
HP Pascal 3.22, HP-UX 5.1, Interactive Test Generator, Techwriter, Texteditor for 200/300 series, Wordwise 300 [Sven Schnelle]
DR DOS 6.0 (French), DR DOS 6.0 Business Update (French, 3.5"), DR DOS 6.0 Business Update (French, 5.25") [breiztiger]
PC Games #3, Spontaneous Assembly (Version 2.0) [Foone Turing]
ibm5170: Excel (Version 2.10) [darksabre76]
Ghost Pilots (prototype) [Brian Hargrove]
Metal Slug 3 (NGM-2560, earlier) [Razoola]
2601 - Teikoku Kidoubutai no Koubou, 3tsu no Negai, 714 MIDI Jr., 714 MIDI Special, 88 Kantai Monogatari, 98 Eiwa Jiten,
98 Stadium, 98 Stadium 2 - Shouko no Chousen, PC-9801N/NS/NV Teiban Free Software Shuu - 98NOTE no Hissu Aminosan
[Neo Kobe Collection]
sorcerer_cass: Checkers, Cross-Up, How The West Was Won, Lazer Fire, Mine Field, Nuclear Reaction, Pie Lob [Robbbert]
squale_cart: The Squale Intro [Jean-Francois DEL NERO / HxC2001]
Software list items promoted to working
pc98: 0x0F exp.3, 177, The 4th Unit 2 [Carl, r09]
New NOT_WORKING software list additions
ibm5170_cdrom: Jaxis (Japan) [SpinalFeyd]
neogeo: Stakes Winner / Stakes Winner - GI Kinzen Seiha e no Michi (early development board) [ResO]
-esb: Fixed ROM loading bug. [AJR]
-taito_b.cpp: Identified TC0180VCU as source of interrupts and converted to callbacks (timing is still guesswork). [AJR]
-keytronic_pc3270: Corrected INT0 line polarity - fixes keyboard error on tosh1000. [AJR]
-exidy.cpp, victory.cpp: Fully encapsulated audio devices. [AJR]
-atetrisb3: Hooked up microcontroller to get working sound. [AJR]
-i8275 DMA refinements: [AJR]
* Exclude FIFO characters from counting towards filling character buffer.
* Extend DMA up to one character past an "end of DMA" control code.
-wicat: Reduced video glitches with more sensible interrupt handling. [AJR]
-balsente.cpp: Split NVRAM between two X2212 devices. [AJR]
-jedi: Moderate driver overhaul: [AJR]
* Split NVRAM between two 4-bit X2212 devices.
* Guarantee an invalid checksum when default NVRAM data is used (so that the manufacturers high scores will be installed).
* Modernized sound latches.
* Use WSQ handler to drive TMS5220.
-vta2000: Added speaker sound. [AJR]
-balsente.cpp: Use ACIA devices for sound communication. [AJR]
-x2212: Removed memory interface and cleaned up code. [AJR]
-tms9928a: Exposed internal palette using device_palette_interface. [AJR]
-dynax.cpp: Encapsulated "Rev. 2" blitter as a device. [AJR]
-cidx628: Made this display something again. [AJR]
-tatsumi.cpp improvements: [Angelo Salese]
* Removed an ugly kludge in Round Up 5, fixing soft resets.
* Added vertical text scrolling to Round Up 5.
* Fixed Apache 3 out-of-bounds colors for sprites (trees and buildings).
* Fixed Round Up 5 video priority on map screen after a play.
* Added background bitmap layers to Round Up 5.
* Improved road clipping for Round Up 5.
* Make Cycle Warriors sub CPU not stall on soft reset.
* Added row/column scroll register select for Cycle Warriors and Big Fight.
* Added shadow sprites to Cycle Warriors and Big Fight.
* Inverted Oki status for Cycle Warriors and Big Fight - fixes "we got em" sample playback in the former.
* Implemented per-tile high priority and opacity enable bits for Cycle Warriors and Big Fight - fixes several glitches.
* Fixed color banks for Cycle Warriors and Big Fight - fixes fade in/out effects and CRT test colors.
* Applied page wraparound for backgrounds - fixes various glitches in Big Fight and Cycle Warriors.
* Invert shadow product when a specific register is enabled (used by Big Fight to simulate disco strobe lights).
-ninjakd2.cpp: Attempted to fix bullets not shot by enemies in Omega Fighter. [Angelo Salese]
-taitosj.cpp: Added input buttons mode to kikstart. [Angelo Salese]
-trucocl.cpp: Allowed multiple coin insertions. [Angelo Salese]
-cischeat.cpp improvements: [Angelo Salese]
* Fixed road/sprite priorities and long-standing road colors regression in Big Run.
* Hand-tuned sound frequencies to match reference for Big Run.
* Hooked up sprite DMA to Wild Pilot - fixes flickering.
* Added backup RAM to Captain Flag.
-ms1_tmap.cpp: Initialize VRAM to sane default - fixes ugly back pen showing up in Big Run. [Angelo Salese]
-jalmah.cpp improvements: [Angelo Salese]
* Re-wrote video emulation using Mega System 1 tilemap devices.
* Fixed Urashima Mahjong video priority during gameplay (score display and calls).
* Emulated video scrolling partial updates for Urashima Mahjong - fixes winning animations.
* Fixed color protection in Urashima Mahjong (girls and test mode).
* Wrote a preliminary snippet for sound banking in Urashima Mahjong/Mahjong Channel Zoom In/Mahjong Daireikai.
-cyclemb.cpp: Bumped sprite size in Cycle Maabou, fixed some missing sprites (for example in how to play screen). [Angelo Salese]
-Added AppVeyor build configuration. [balrog]
-Added support for building on riscv64, and made m68000 makefile respect the VERBOSE build option. [Belegdol]
-senjyo.cpp: Simplified starforc background color swap. [cam900]
-seta.cpp: Simplified tilemaps and banking, and added output finders. [cam900]
-ms32.cpp: Identified CPU types, fixed audio CPU clock. [cam900]
-fmtowns.cpp: Fixed speaker output level. [cam900]
-vis.cpp: Fixed sample rate divider. [cam900]
-megaplay.cpp: Added notes and flagged imperfect graphics as overlay bitmap is scaled incorrectly. [cam900]
-cybertnk.cpp: Reduced code duplication and runtime tagmap lookups, fixed sound output, and added notes. [cam900]
-rltennis.cpp: Converted to object finders. [cam900]
-sf.cpp, ninjakd2.cpp: Reduced code duplication and runtime tagmap lookups. [cam900]
-dreamwld.cpp: Documented microcontroller and fixed microcontroller ROM region size. [cam900]
-williams.cpp cleaup: [cam900]
* Reduced runtime tagmap lookups, improved tags, and reduced code duplication.
* Added input_merger for interrupts and output_finder for outputs.
* Converted palette to device.
-m92.cpp updates/cleanup: [cam900]
* Reduced code duplication and runtime tagmap lookups, and split up machine configuration and address maps.
* Made EEPROM save/load using NVRAM device.
-neogeo.cpp: Add notes and fixed metadata for kof2003. [cam900]
-powerins.cpp cleanup: [cam900]
* Reduced code duplication and runtime tagmap lookups
* Cleaned up ROM loading.
* Converted vertical blanking interrupt to screen vblank callback.
-20pacgal.cpp cleanup: [cam900]
* Converted palette to device.
* Reduced runtime tagmap lookups and deferred allocation to start time.
* Restricted drawing to clipping rectangle.
-ddragon.cpp cleanup: [cam900]
* Replaced runtime tagmap lookups with object finders.
* Converted darktowr bank switching to address_map_bank_device.
* Fixed ADPCM ROM mapping.
-pgmprot_igs027a_type2.cpp: Fixed martmast metadata. [cam900]
-alpha68k.cpp: Reduce runtime tagmap lookups, made tags more meaningful, and improved banking. [cam900]
-shangha3.cpp: Cleaned up Oki banking. [cam900]
-snk.cpp: Reduced runtime tagmap lookups, and separated countryc machine configuration/address map. [cam900]
-Added a Discord presence plugin. [Carl]
-witch.cpp: Attempted to fix garbage graphics after a bonus stage in Keirin Ou. [David Haywood]
-Made floppy emulation more robust, and improved bitstream handling. [John Keoni Morris, Peter Ferrie, O. Galibert]
-markham.cpp updates: [kazblox]
* Improved banbam protection simulation - still imperfect, but all graphics are correct and game doesnt crash.
* Marked microcontroller program as good dump based on observations and Phil Bennetts comments.
-PlayStation GPU: Added missing primitives. [krom]
-buggychl.cpp: Changed microcontroller clock speed to 3 MHz as shown on schematics, and added notes. [Lord Nightmare]
-TMS5220 updates: [Lord Nightmare]
* Removed unused time_to_ready and cycles_to_ready functions.
* Fixed race condition with m_buffer_low and m_buffer_empty flags not being updated before setting interrupt state.
* Fixed issue where Speak VSM command produces endless silence with no VSM connected.
* Suppressed side effects on debugger reads.
* Fixed conditions for asserting ready signal, and zero FIFO at appropriate times.
-Apple II: Re-implemented Echo II read/write flags and write latch based on hardware tracing. [Lord Nightmare, Tony Diaz]
-alien.cpp: Added hand-made boot ROMs for Pingus Ice Block, and documented known games. [MetalliC]
-geneve: Added BIOS options for selecting boot ROM, and made genmod a separate machine. [Michael Zapf]
-upd765: Clear ST1.ND on ID scan failure, implemented head load delay, and improved logging. [Michael Zapf]
-debugger: Added command for go_exception, and made save/load aware of address translation. [Patrick Mackinlay]
-sonydriv: Fixed issues with the 3.5" drive reporting disk switches on Apple IIgs and Mac drivers. [R. Belmont]
-zaurus.cpp: Converted to new PXA255 peripheral device interface. [Robbbert]
-apc: Reduced runtime tagmap lookups. [Ryan Holtz]
-kbdc8042: Added rudimentary PS/2 mouse support. [Ryan Holtz]
-indy_indigo2: Added mouse cursor support to Newport graphics emulation. [Ryan Holtz]
-39in1: Split Intel XScale PXA255 peripherals into a separate device. [Ryan Holtz]
-mips3: Added disassembler for Emotion Engine core opcodes. [Ryan Holtz]
-vgmplay: Added playback controls and activity indicators. [Ryan Holtz, Tafoid, Vas Crabb]
-sblaster: Implemented direct DAC mode - successfully tested in Scream Tracker 2.2. [shattered]
-ec1841: Added mouse emulation (Logitech bus mouse protocol). [shattered]
-Dreamcast: Made GD_LEND return bytes transferred by DMA rather than bytes remaining - allows Daytona USA 2001 to boot.
-Added HP98543 medium-resolution color graphics card emulation. [Sven Schnelle]
-hp9k_3xx improvements: [Sven Schnelle]
* Fixed keyboard microcontroller part number.
* Removed BASIC ROM cards from the default configuration as booting from floppy works now.
* Hooked up NMI line to keyboard controller.
* Split out common machine configuration.
-Added HP9122 floppy drive emulation. [Sven Schnelle]
-m68000: Fixed carry flag in divs instruction, and fixed pack instructions. [Sven Schnelle]
-6840ptm: Fixed divide-by-8 mode. [Sven Schnelle]
-topcat: Improved window mover and fixed cursor handling bugs. [Sven Schnelle]
* Allows Pascal and other software to show something after boot on hp9k_3xx.
-voodoo: Reinstated texture address masking - fixes segmentation fault in warfa. [Ted Green]
-hornet: Added separate DIP switch settings for gradius4 - allows gun to work with default settings in terabrst and sscope.
-Updated DCS audio to get sf2049 closer to working. [Ted Green]
-Made ROM BIOS macros more intuitive to use, and added a validity check for unselectable BIOS ROMs. [Vas Crabb]
-Machine configuration improvements: [Vas Crabb]
* Reduced code duplication in addrmap.h and added support for object finders in more places in memory maps.
* Allowed implicit references to owner device in address maps.
* Improved syntax for specifying address maps and screen update functions in machine configuration without macros.
* Reduced overloading of member function names - its less practical without macro helpers selecting desired overload.
* Consider floating point epsilon when validating crystal values.
-Cleaned up bulk refactoring of output code. [Wilbert Pol]
-asteroid.cpp: Documented Asteroid Deluxe Revision 3 changes, and corrected Difficulty DIP switch settings. [Brian Troha]
-naomi.cpp: Added an alternate Ferrari F355 Challenge 2 program ROM dump. [coolmod]
-polepos.cpp: Dumped the missing PROMs for grally and confirmed they match the ones from the other bootlegs.
[Jordi Beltran Casany, Recreativas.org, The Dumping Union]
-bking.cpp: Updated ROM labels for bking2. [Kevin Eshbach, The Dumping Union]
-pc98 software list updates: [r09]
* Re-tested software with current MAME.
* Corrected titles and re-labeled disks with their actual names.
* Added usage notes for software that needs DOS.
* Removed user disks from games where they arent included in the original box, and the user is expected to create them.
* Removed floppies for CD games that already exist in the CD software list.
* Removed notes stating that the FDD format is not supported, as this is no longer true.
-neogeo.cpp: Added Japan NEO-MVH MV1C BIOS. [Razoola]
-alien.cpp: Re-dumped Pingus Ice Block CompactFlash card. [ShouTime, Dane Biegert, The Dumping Union]